Friday, December 14, 2007

Malaysia Second Series (1972-1976)








Bank Negara Malaysia launched its second series notes in year 1972. As the new Malay spelling system was launched in 16 August 1972, therefore BNM incorporated the spelling system into the currency notes, but maintained the appearance of the currency. For example, the word “SA-PULOH” was changed to “SEPULUH”, "SA-RATUS to SERATUS" and "SA-RIBU to SERIBU". In the 1976, additional security measurement was taken, whereas a latent image which the numeric number will appear when the notes being bend to certain angle of view.


4 comments:

D@ph@n!3 Wong said...

Hi, I'm Daphanie and I come across ur blog when I'm doing a research to find out how much old RM1 coin worth. Not the gold coin type but those like 50 cents type wan. Does it consider as collectible item? Since u are a collector of old items so I guess u will know. If can, can u reply me at cool_spirit86@hotmail.com. Very appreciate it if u could reply me. Thanks alot and have a nice day.

Sarah said...

Do you know what is the value of the RM1 of the one version older than the latest?

cyrus_ver2 said...

I have 100 notes 2nd edition.

Vylance said...

I still done know the value of it...Sorry about that...